Difference between APRS format and most commonly used GPS format:
APRS latitude: ddmm.mmN / ddmm.mmS (3521.64N / 1029.35S)
GPS latitude: dd.dddd / -dd.dddd (35.3607 / -10.4891)
APRS longitude: dddmm.mmE / dddmm.mmW (13843.65E / 13839.06W)
GPS longitude: ddd.dddd / -ddd.dddd (138.7275 / -138.6510)
The coordinates can be copied from the map, which will open in a separate window.
They can also be entered manually, separated by a space (lat lon).
Using the map:
- when loading or refreshing, it tries to detect the location and center the map (geolocation for the page must be enabled)
- the map layer can be switched to another layer via the top right button
- The OSM (OpenStreetMap) layer allows the greatest zoom, so it is best suited for finding more precise coordinates
- we place the point from which we want to find the coordinates by moving the map in the central cross
- by clicking the right mouse button (long hold on the phone) anywhere on the map, the coordinates of the center of the map will be displayed
- we copy the coordinates and paste them into the form on this page
- in the upper left, below the ➕➖ buttons, there are the distance measurement tool buttons